Skip main navigation menu..
Main navigation menu
Home > Accessibility
- One of the objectives of this website is full accessibility for all users
- Accessibility consists of access to information not restricted by deficiency, disability or handicap. Many people access the information on our pages from contexts that are very different to our own. This is because...
- They may have problems with hearing, sight or mobility.
- They may have reading or understanding difficulties.
- They may not be able to use the keyboard or mouse.
- They may have a text-only reader, a small screen or a slow connection.
- Accessibility is not of interest only to the disabled; it also improves access to the web in general. Accordingly, these are our accessibility guidelines:
- Compliance with the WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) for WAI (Web Accessibility Initiative) protocol, at level AAA. These guidelines are applicable worldwide and are officially recognised as an Internet standard by the W3C (World Wide Web Consortium).
- Verification of compliance with the above mentioned guidelines using the Web Accessibility Test (WAT). This tool is supplied by the Spanish Ministry of Work and Social Affairs in accord with the provisions set forth in the Law for the Information Society and Electronic Commerce Services.
- Scope of our accessibility policy
- Of course, we are aware that the accessibility of this portal can be improved and we are currently working on it. We would like you to help us do this by sending us your comments and suggestions.
- Key Board short cuts
- Some key board short cuts have been designed for rapid access to most common links. Key Board short cuts helps navigating to those who have mouse-pointing problems.
- Short cuts are activated in different ways depending on the navigator you use. With Internet Explorer 5 and upper versions you have to pulse "Alt", the letter or number of the short cut and then "Enter".
- Those combinations that could cause problems with programmation of the operating system, most common synthesizers and Internet Explorer navigator have been avoided.
Key Board short cuts:
- Direct access to the contents: alt+s
- Go to the main page: alt+1
- Announcements: alt+2
- Web page’s map: alt+3
- Contact: alt+9
- Accesibility: alt+0
- Font size
- We are offering the opportunity of increasing the font size for a better and more confortable navigation.
- For changing the font size you can use your navigators’ options for selecting bigger or smaller size or use the command A at the top of the page.
- The selected font size will not be changed for the rest of the pages you visit, and can be modified whenever you want to.
Information on DIPC website
Copyright © 2017 DIPC (Donostia International Physics Center)
Paseo Manuel de Lardizabal, 4. 20018 DONOSTIA-SAN SEBASTIÁN (Gipuzkoa) SPAIN - T: +34 943 01 53 68